1/2 of a sweet vidalia onion finely chopped
3-4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
28 once can crushed italian tomatoes
Extra virgin olive oil
Small pinch of red pepper flakes
Pinch of oregano
Pinch of sugar
Salt and pepper
1. Heat a few tablespoons of olive oil in a medium sauce pan for a few minutes
2. Add the finely chopped onion, salt and pepper, red pepper flakes and oregano, and saute until the onion is translucent.
3. Add the garlic and cook until the garlic is fragrant and the onion is slightly browned.
4. Add the can of tomatoes and stir to combine.
5. Add salt and pepper to taste.
6. Cook for about an hour, stirringly occasionally.
7. Taste for seasoning and adjust as needed.
8. Add the fresh basil, tearing as you add it in.
9. Serve over the pasta of your choice and top with fresh parmesan.
(c) Sophia L Ong - All Rights Reserved