In the spirit of sharing more, I figured I would fill y'all in on a few things you may not know about me. This may be more than you ever wanted to know but now you do. Ten things you may not know about me, here we go!
1. I share a birthday with my ultimate hero Walt Disney, this is one of my greatest accomplishments to date and I think about it approximately once a day.
2. I never sleep more than about 6 hours a night. I usually go to bed at 2-3am. Yes I know this is extremely bad but I have been like this since middle school.
3. In first grade I had a huge crush on a boy; now we just celebrated our 7 year anniversary. Apparently 6 year old me knew what was up.
4. There was a period in my life where I thought fashion meant that everything on your body must match. This meant if I wore yellow, everything was yellow, down to my barrettes. I don't want to talk about this anymore.
5. I believe strongly in mind power. I think that the power of dreaming, visualization and positive thinking can have a tremendous impact on your life.
6. When I was younger, the Cheney's family vacation home was next door to my grandparents. During the time Dick Cheney was vice president I sometimes played with their granddaughter. Once I ran through my grandparents backyard into their backyard and quickly realized this was a huge no-no when secret service men who were hiding in the tree line had to make sure 10 year old me was not a security threat.
7. When I was like 12 years old I stepped on something in the ocean at a North Carolina beach. For some reason I decided to reach in the water and pick it up; apparently at this time I had no fear of reaching into murky water and grabbing a sharp foreign object. Turns out it was an approximately 4 million year old megalodon shark tooth. This is one of the greatest strokes of luck in my life and I have no idea what it means.
9. For much of my life growing up I was very blessed to be able to travel over almost all of Central and South America. My mom is a doctor and would help in small villages where there was not enough medical help. As you can image this lead to a bunch of interesting, amazing, and character building stories which I share on rare occasions. This includes but is not limited to, sleeping with tarantulas, eating guinea pig, walking miles in a mudslide down to a poisonous river, counting pills in a pharmacy at about 9 years old, exploding stoves, poison darts, frog farms, swimming in volcanos etc.
10. This is an EXTREMELY controversial thing to say and I am very nervous to reveal this but, I love black licorice. Please do not think less of me.