I am always looking for easy and healthy recipes that I can take with me on the go. Many times I don't have time to make a whole breakfast, but I want something filling enough to last me until lunch. These are great because you really can add in anything you want. I sometimes add protein power, flax seeds, cinnamon; really anything goes here. I am using sun flower seed butter here out of preference, but feel free to use whatever you like!
Protein Balls Recipe:
1/2 Cup Peanut Butter or Nut Free Version
1 Cup Old Fashioned Oats
3 Tablespoons Chia Seeds
1/4 Cup M&Ms or Mini Chocolate Chips
1 Teaspoon Vanilla
1 Tablespoon Agave Nectar or Maple Syrup (Optional)
1) Mix together oats, peanut butter, chia seeds and vanilla until it begins to stick together. Add peanut butter until the oats are no longer dry.
2) Taste mix and if desired add a small amount of agave nectar or maple syrup to sweeten the mix.
3) Gently stir in M&Ms or mini chocolate chips until completely combined.
4) Lightly wet your hands so that the mix does not stick to them and then roll into golf ball sized bites.
5) Stick protein balls into the fridge to firm up for about 20 minutes, then enjoy.
6) Keep protein balls in fridge for up to a week.